BMW 530e Charger Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your BMW 530e, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a BMW 530e? How much does it cost to charge a BMW 530e? How long does it take to charge a BMW 530e? BMW 530e home charging points installation How do you charge a BMW 530e? BMW 530e connector type and charge rate How much does a BMW 530e charging point cost?
This plug-in hybrid 5 series saloon combines the power of a 2.0- litre petrol engine and an electric motor. The eDrive system allows the driver to tailor the efficiency of the powertrain by offering three modes.
- The BMW 530e has a 9.2kWh battery with a range of 29 miles of electric driving.
- The tail-pipe CO2 emissions are 46 g/km, and has a fuel consumption of up to 141 MPG (Miles Per Gallon).
The cost of charging a BMW 530e in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge, although many public charging points are free to use.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a BMW 530e at home cost of electric to full £2.70.
- Cost per mile is around 9p.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging your BMW 530e at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between 3 - 4 hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes only 2 - 3 hours.
- A home charging point provides up to 15 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your BMW 530e overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
- Make the most of your BMW 530e plug-in hybrid by driving in pure electric mode around town.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a BMW 530e anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
A home charging point "wallbox" is a quick and efficient way to charge the battery of your new plug-in hybrid car. Our Pod Point installation team have a quick turnaround time; we call within 1 day of receiving your request and install within 10 working days. Once the Pod Point team of experts have successfully installed your new charging point, they will give you a thorough walk-through to make sure you get the most out of your charging point.
Find out more about home electric car charging points.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your BMW 530e from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The BMW 530e uses a Type 2 connector.
- The 530e uses a single-phase charge rate of 3.7kW.