Ford Focus Electric Charger Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your Ford Focus Electric, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Ford Focus Electric? How long does it take to charge a Ford Focus Electric? How much does it cost to charge a Ford Focus Electric? How do you charge a Ford Focus Electric? What is the connector type and charge rate for Ford Focus Electric? Ford Focus Electric home charging points installation How much does a Ford Focus Electric charging point cost?
- The Ford Focus Electric 23kWh battery has a range of 100 miles.
The 2017 Ford Focus Electric 33.5kWh battery has a range of 115 miles.
The range varies widely with driving conditions, outside temperature and several other factors.
- Charging your Ford Focus Electric at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between 5 - 6 hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes up to ** 3 - 4 hours.**
- A home charging point provides up to 30 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your Ford Focus Electric overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
The cost of charging a Ford Focus Electric in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge (costs as little as 2p per mile), although many public charging points are free to use.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a Ford Focus Electric at home cost of electric to full £3.00.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
You can charge a Ford Focus Electric anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your electric car from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Kia Soul uses a Type 1 connector.
- It uses a single-phase charge rate of up to 7kW.
A home charging point "wallbox" is a quick and efficient way to charge the battery of your new electric car. Our POD Point installation team have a quick turnaround time; we call within 1 day of receiving your request and install within 10 working days. Once the POD Point team of experts have successfully installed your new charging point, they will give you a thorough walk-through to make sure you get the most out of your charging point.
Find out more about home electric car charging points.
Charging a Ford Focus Electric at home is done with a home charging point "wallbox". A home charger fully installed costs between £400-£500 after claiming the £500 government OLEV grant. Charging point providers claim the OLEV grant on your behalf.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed
- 7kW charging point costs around £500 installed
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant
Click here to get a charging point for Ford Focus Electric