Kia Optima Charging Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your Kia Optima, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Kia Optima? How much does it cost to charge a Kia Optima? How long does it take to charge a Kia Optima? How do you charge a Kia Optima? What is the connector type and charge rate for the Kia Optima? Kia Optima home charging points installation How much does a Kia Optima charging point cost?
- The Kia Optima has a 9.8kWh battery with a range of 33 miles of electric driving.
- The tail-pipe CO2 emissions are 37 g/km, and has a fuel consumption of up to 177 MPG (Miles Per Gallon).
Did you know if you commute less than 33 miles per day in you Kia Optima you could travel for free?
The cost of charging a Kia Optima in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge, although many public charging points are free to use. Charging at home costs as little as 2p per mile.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a Kia Optima at home cost of electric to full £0.66.
- This equates to only 2p per mile electric and 8p per mile combined.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging your Kia Optima at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between 4 - 6 hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes only 2 to 3 hours.
- A home charging point provides up to 15 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your Kia Optima overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
- Make the most of your Kia Optima plug-in hybrid by driving in pure electric mode around town.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Kia Optima anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your Kia Optima from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Kia Optima uses a Type 1 connector.
- It uses a single-phase charge rate of up to 3.7kW.
A home charging point "wallbox" is a quick and efficient way to charge the battery of your new plug-in hybrid car. Our POD Point installation team have a quick turnaround time; we call within 1 day of receiving your request and install within 10 working days. Once the POD Point team of experts have successfully installed your new charging point, they will give you a thorough walk-through to make sure you get the most out of your charging point.
Find out more about home electric car charging points.