Renault Kangoo Charger Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your Renault Kangoo, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Renault Kangoo? How long does it take to charge a Renault Kangoo? How much does it cost to charge a Renault Kangoo? How do you charge a Renault Kangoo? What is the connector type and charge rate for Renault Kangoo? Renault Kangoo home charging points installation How much does a Renault Kangoo charging point cost?
- The Renault Kangoo has a 22kWh battery with a range of up to 107 miles.
- Range varies widely with driving conditions, outside temperature and several other factors.
- Charging your Renault Kangoo at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes up to 8 hours.
- A home charging point provides up to 0 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your Renault Kangoo overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
The cost of charging a Renault Kangoo in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge (costs as little as 2p per mile), although many public charging points are free to use.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a Renault Kangoo at home cost of electric to full £2.18.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
You can charge a Renault Kangoo anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your electric car from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Renault Kangoo uses a Type 2 connector.
- It uses a single-phase charge rate of up to 3.7kW.
A home charging point "wallbox" is a quick and efficient way to charge the battery of your new electric van. Our POD Point installation team have a quick turnaround time; we call within 1 day of receiving your request and install within 10 working days. Once the POD Point team of experts have successfully installed your new charging point, they will give you a thorough walk-through to make sure you get the most out of your charging point.
Find out more about home electric car charging points.
A 3.7kW charging point typically costs from £279* fully installed.
*Pricing assumes eligibility of the OLEV grant and standard install terms.
Click here to get a charging point for Renault Kangoo