Electric Insights 003 | OLEV
Posted by Roseanne: Oct 07, 2020 • 2 min read
We’re joined by the Head of the Government’s Office for Low Emissions Vehicle (OLEV) for episode 3 of our Electric Insights series.
View OLEV episode:
Who's on Electric Insights 003?
James McKemey, Pod Point Head of Insights, chats to ultra low emissions enthusiast Natasha Robinson, Head of Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
Natasha is Joint Head (with Vicky Edmonds) of OLEV. She also drives a 2014 Nissan Leaf.
OLEV is a joint unit between the Department for Transport and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in the UK Government.
A cross departmental unit that holds the purse for low-emission transport funding, OLEV is responsible for the grants for electric vehicles and infrastructure and therefore in a significant position of power when it comes to shaping the industry.
James is a passionate advocate of electric vehicles (EV), with nearly 10 years’ experience at Pod Point, following a career as an environmental consultant. As Pod Point’s third longest serving member, James has worked in Sales, Customer Operations and now Head of Insights, tasked with communicating to industry and key stakeholders, sharing his knowledge on all things EV charging.
What's the episode about?
In this episode James and Natasha cover a variety of topics including:
- The impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the uptake of EVs… Is there reason for optimism?
- The Pathway to NetZero, closing the 2030x consultation and balancing the views of the industry with that of the consumer and fleet manager
- How to get to 2030 ICE ban and the importance of Project Rapid
- What to do if you don’t have off-street parking
What is Electric Insights?
Pod Point chats with key industry players about the EV industry and more!
We explore the following themes:
- EV technology and infrastructure
- The challenges and opportunities associated with the transition to electric
- The impact of COVID-19 on the EV industry
Want to see more?
Take a look at Electric Insights 002, with Graeme Cooper - National Grid.
James McKemey and EV/energy enthusiast Graeme discuss the grid, electrification & how COVID-19 has impacted them.