Tesco VW EV Charging | UK National Rollout
Everything you need to know about the national Tesco rollout
We're proud to partner with Tesco & Volkswagen to deliver the nations largest retail EV charging network.
The charging bays will be based in Tesco Extra and Superstore car parks throughout the United Kingdom and made up of:
- 7KW fast chargers - which will be free to use.
- 50kW rapids which will be priced in line with market rates.
- 22kW chargers where 50kW rapids are placed.
List of EV Charging Sites
14th October 2019
- Tesco Extra - Middleton Barton Road Middleton Manchester M24 1UQ
- Tesco Superstore - South Queensferry Ferrymuir Queensferry South Queensferry EH30 9QZ
- Tesco Superstore - Gloucester St Oswalds Road Gloucester GL1 2SG
- Tesco Superstore - St Mellons Crickhowell Road St. Mellons Cardiff CF3 0EF
- Tesco Extra - Dundee South Road South Road Dundee DD2 4SR Tesco Superstore - Hemsworth Market Street Hemsworth Pontefract WF9 4LB
30th September 2019
- Tesco Superstore - Port Talbot SA13 1YA
- Tesco Extra - Sandhurst GU47 0FD
- Tesco Extra - West Bromwich B70 7PR
- Tesco Superstore - Berwick-upon-tweed TD15 2XG
- Tesco Extra - Bishop Auckland DL14 9AL
- Tesco Superstore - Penarth CF64 1SA
- Tesco Superstore - Keynsham BS31 2BA
- Tesco Extra - Cradley Heath B64 5DF
18th September 2019
- Tesco Superstore - Caerphilly - CF83 3NL
- Tesco Superstore - Milford Haven - SA73 3AU
- Tesco Superstore - Neath - SA10 7FE
- Tesco Extra - Bridgend - CF31 3SQ
- Tesco Superstore - Bridgend - CF31 4AP
2nd September 2019
- Tesco Extra - Llansamlet Nantyffin Road Llansamlet Swansea
- Tesco Extra - Basildon Mayflower Retail Park Basildon
- Tesco Extra - Pitsea Hazelmere Off High Road Basildon
- Tesco Extra - Hull St Stephens Centre 5 Park Street Hull
- Tesco Superstore - Chepstow Station Road Chepstow
- Tesco Extra - Bournemouth Riverside Avenue Bournemouth
- Tesco Extra - Portsmouth Clement Attlee Way Portsmouth
- Tesco Extra - Orpington 9 Augustus Lane Orpington
- Tesco Extra - Waterloo Road Waterloo Road Poole
- Tesco Extra - Yarrow Road Yarrow Road Mannings Heath Poole
- Tesco Extra - Havant Solent Road Havant Hampshire
- Tesco Extra - Chesterfield Lockoford Lane Chesterfield
- Tesco Superstore - Cardigan Aberystwyth Road Cardigan
- Tesco Extra - Sheffield 1 Savile Street Spital Hill Sheffield
- Tesco Extra - Sunderland Newcastle Road Sunderland Tyne And Wear
- Tesco Superstore - Bromley By Bow Hancock Road Bow London
- Tesco Extra - Stourbridge Crown Centre Stourbridge
- Tesco Extra - Rotherham Drummond Street Rotherham
- Tesco Extra - Lincoln 186 Wragby Road Lincoln
- Tesco Superstore - Abertillery Castle Street Abertillery
- Tesco Superstore - Penicuik 9 Edinburgh Road Penicuik
- Tesco Extra - Swindon Ocotal Way Swindon
- Tesco Extra - Merthyr Tydfil Beacons Place, Station Yard Tramroad Side Merthyr Tydfil
- Tesco Superstore - Aberdare Depot Road Aberdare
- Tesco Extra - Musselburgh Olive Bank Road Musselburgh
- Tesco Superstore - Broughton Road 7 Broughton Road Edinburgh
The rollout seems to be taking a while...why is that?
This is a large-scale and complex rollout with multiple stakeholders. Each site has different requirements and varying power availability, and as such needs to be surveyed individually. We’re working as fast as we can to get chargepoints in the ground. Thanks for your patience!
How have you chosen the locations?
Where possible, we’re installing chargepoints in Tesco Extra and Superstore customer car parks.
Are the chargepoints just for VW drivers?
Not at all, our 7kW chargepoints are universal and compatible with all types of EV. At sites where we are able to offer DC rapid charging we will also offer 22kW AC charging for Zoe drivers.
How much will it cost to use the chargers?
Every store included in the rollout will offer free 7kW charging. Selected stores will also offer ‘rapid’ - 50kW - DC charging, which will be priced at competitive rates. These stores will also offer 22kW AC charging.
Will they offer a contactless payment option?
Our 7kW chargepoints are available at no cost to drivers. Drivers simply need to download the Pod Point app, plug-in and confirm their charge. All of our rapid chargers will have a contactless payment option and will be competitively priced.
Where will the rapid chargers be installed?
Rapid charger locations will be selected based on technical survey results. We’ll update you on the locations for these as soon as we can, so watch this space.
What about rapid charging for Renault Zoes?
At sites where we are able to offer DC rapid charging we will also offer 22kW AC charging for Zoe drivers.
Where does the electricity for the charging come from?
The electricity used to charge EVs at Tesco comes from renewable sources. In 2017 Tesco were the first company to announce verified science-based carbon reduction targets aligned to 1.5 degrees and joined the RE100 campaign. You can read more about Tesco’s sustainability commitments here.