We are compatible with all plug-in vehicle brands
Compliant with Smart Charge Point Regulations 2021.
With Smart Home Charging you get...
Our Solo 3 pairs with the Pod Point App and automatically power balances with your home
3.6, 7 or 22kW electric car charger with a 3-year warranty.
Charge your EV up to 10 x faster than a 3-pin plug.
Charge activity monitoring with the Pod Point App.
Understand and optimise your EV energy usage.
Auto Power Balancing to safely manage electrical load.
Charge your vehicle in harmony with your home.
Schedule a charge when it's cheapest.
Save by charging your EV during off-peak hours.
Over-the-air software updates via Wi-Fi.
Unlock new features for your Solo 3.
When ordering your Solo 3, you can choose from a:
- 3.6kW, 7kW or 22kW power rating.
- Universal socket or tethered version - (Type 1 - 4.8m or Type 2 - 7.5m)
All of our Solo 3 chargers also come installed with a 3-year warranty with an option to extend to 5 years.
Please note: 22kW home chargers require a three-phase household electrical supply.
Explore the Solo 3 charger in-depth.
Charge activity monitoring with the Pod Point App gives you insights into your energy usage.
- Oversee your car charging costs and track every kWh used.
- Export itemised reports that can form part of your vehicle/house budgeting.
- Learn when it's cheapest to charge on your energy tariff.
Explore the Pod Point App.
Auto Power Balancing adjusts the rate of charge to avoid overloading your electrical supply when your home is using a lot of energy.
The charging will return to the fastest rate automatically, once more power is available.
- Keeps your car charging without disrupting your home.
- Makes it possible to install a 7kW charging point on almost any electrical supply.
- Lets you run all your home appliances as desired (including extra home charging stations for other vehicles).
Learn more about the Solo 3.
Remotely schedule charging with the Solo*.
- Take advantage of dual-rate electricity tariffs which can help you significantly reduce the costs of charging.
- Save on electricity costs by scheduling your EV to charge during off-peak hours.
- Set repeating schedules that suit your driving behaviour and energy tariff.
*Applies to Wi-Fi enabled Solo chargers, typically installed after 2018. Requires a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.
Learn more about Charge Scheduling.
When connected to Wi-Fi, the Solo 3 gets automatic software updates over-the-air.
- Unlock new features for your chargepoint in the future without changing the physical charger.
- Enable remote customer service and diagnostics from our team.
- Get the latest software version for optimal performance.
Learn what else the Solo 3 can do.
Are you eligible for the OZEV EV chargepoint grant?
The OZEV EV chargepoint grant reduces the cost of a home charger and its installation by £350.
- Live in a rented property or own a flat.
- Have dedicated off-street parking.
- Own, lease or have an eligible vehicle on order.
- Not already have claimed a chargepoint grant.
Find out more about the grant and how to claim it.
90% of our customers are eligible for standard installation.
What does this include?
If you don't meet the criteria we can usually still carry out the home installation but an additional cost may be incurred.
Once your order is placed, we'll be in touch to better understand your requirements and produce a no-obligation quote for the additional works. If you decide not to proceed, a full refund will be provided.
4.62/5 star rating from 35573 reviews. Check them out at reviews.co.uk
Installer was prompt - arrived within 5 minutes of scheduled time - obviously competent and very pleasant. Explained what I needed to know in a language I understand! First class
3 hours ago on reviews.co.uk
Excellent experience. The guys doing the install arrived on time, gave consideration as to how the end result would look: they initiated a short chat about where best to put the podpoint so that no cabling would be seen. They gave us a heads up when the electricity would need to be switched off. The cabling work was really good:...
3 hours ago on reviews.co.uk
Experience was great as a whole. Electrician was very clear and took time to explain all of the facts as well as highlighting the way forward if I experience any issues due to a fault.
4 hours ago on reviews.co.uk
Installation of your Solo 3
Your home installation is included with your Solo 3 if it meets our standard install criteria.
Our team of Pod Point Experts go the extra mile to provide an excellent experience.
Your Pod Point Expert
Pod Point Experts are City and Guilds accredited electricians with thousands of hours of experience installing electric vehicle chargepoints.
Your Pod Point Expert will confirm their arrival time with you in advance of the installation.
Your Expert will find the best position for your charger based on your power supply and how you park your car.
Standard installation package
Your install is included in the price of the home charger if it meets our standard install criteria. If it doesn't, we'll provide a no-obligation quote or a full refund if you're not happy to proceed.
Next, the charger is fixed to the wall, a cable is run from the unit to the mains power supply, and it will be activated for use.
Your Expert will then connect the charger to the Wi-Fi and pair it with the Pod Point App.
Your Expert will give you a full demonstration of your charger, what the different lights mean and how to get in touch if you have any questions.
Finally, you will be shown how to find and use public chargepoints in your area.
Top 5 FAQs
Should I choose a Universal or Tethered charger?
It depends on your preference:
- Convenience - Tethered chargers have a cable already attached which will either be Type 1 or Type 2.
- Flexibility - While you need to plug the cable into a universal charger, you can use both Type 1 and Type 2 cables.
Cable length - A tethered charger’s cable will be either 4.8m (Type 1) or 7.5m (Type 2) in length, whereas a universal charging cable can be up to 10m for either connector type.
Cost - Tethered chargers cost more upfront because they include the charging cable, whereas you can buy a universal charger without a cable.
Can I connect my Solo to a 3-pin plug socket?
It can’t be connected to a 3-pin plug socket; the Solo 3 needs to be connected to the main electrical supply.
What happens if my installation is non-standard?
Non-standard charger installations may incur an additional cost. Once your order is placed, we'll be in touch to better understand your requirements and produce a no-obligation quote for any additional works. If you decide not to proceed, you’ll receive a full refund.
What information or data is collected by my Solo 3 and stored by Pod Point? Who has access to this data?
Your household energy usage data is only used for hardware and technical support.
If you choose to pair the Solo 3 with the Pod Point App (using your PSL number) this data is then displayed to the logged-in Pod Point-account holder via their smart device using the Pod Point App.
- Our Network Assurance team uses this data for support and diagnostic purposes.
- Our Data team assesses and manages this data for analysis.
- Our Software team maintains the software which stores this data.
Do Pod Point offer site surveys?
We provide a remote survey in advance of your install. Our Pod Point Expert will then conduct a site survey when they arrive on the day of your install.