Fast EV Charging
Up to 10x faster than a 3-pin plug.
Auto Power Balancing
Charge your EV in harmony with your home.
Connect to Wi-Fi to unlock new features in the future.
Covered by a 3 year warranty
Standard installation included
Eligible for £350 OZEV EVHS grant
Fast charging for your electric car.
The Solo lets you charge at home faster than with a 3-pin plug.
- It comes with the choice of three power ratings: 3.6kW, 7kW or 22kW.
- Compatible with any electric vehicle, you can get up to 90 miles of range per hour charging.
- Choose a universal socket so that any car can plug in (using a separate cable) or a tethered version (where the cable is permanently attached).
Please note: 22kW home chargers require a three-phase household electrical supply.
Protected with Auto Power Balancing.
Keep your electric car charging without disruption to your home.
- Adjusts your charge so your electrical supply doesn't get overloaded when your home is using a lot of energy.
- Charging returns to the fastest rate automatically, once more power becomes available.
- Lets you run all your home appliances as needed and makes it possible to install a second chargepoint for other vehicles.
Please note: Auto Power Balancing is only available for 3.6kW and 7kW Solo Smart Chargers.
Over-the-air updates via Wi-Fi.
Unlock new features, get the latest software updates and receive remote support.
- Receive over-the-air software updates by connecting your Solo to Wi-Fi.
- Get new smart features that we release in future without having to buy a new charger.
- Receive remote diagnostics from our support team in the unlikely event there's an issue with your charger.
Get more with the Pod Point App.
Pair your Solo with the Pod Point App to understand and optimise your energy usage.
- Schedule your charging during off-peak hours and save up to 70% on electricity costs*
- Gain insight into your charging activity and the associated costs from your mobile device.
- View all your home and Pod Point Network charging activity in one place.
- Download itemised charging reports to form part of your home and vehicle budgeting.
*Figure is based on Pod Point cost estimates for charging on an average electricity tariff (15p/kWh) vs EDF’s GoElectric 35 tariff during off-peak hours (4.5p/kWh). Applies to a Solo Smart Charger with the latest hardware (typically installed after 2017 with some exceptions)
Warranty and safety features.
3 year warranty as standard, safe by design.
- Your Pod Point charger comes with a 3 year warranty with the option to extend to 5 years while ordering.
- Compliant with the highest international charging standards (IEC 61851, CE Certified).
- Includes over-current and fault protection, wet gun protection and double power relay.