Fast EV Charging
Up to 10x faster than a 3-pin plug.
Connect to Wi-Fi to unlock new features in the future.
Auto Power Balancing
Charge your EV in harmony with your home.
Covered by a 3-year warranty
Standard installation included
Approved by OZEV
Fast charging for your electric car
The Solo 3 lets you charge at home faster than with a 3-pin plug.
- It comes with the choice of three power ratings: 3.6kW, 7kW or 22kW.
- Compatible with any electric vehicle, you can get up to 90 miles of range per hour charging.
- Choose a universal socket so that any car can plug in (using a separate cable) or a tethered version (where the cable is permanently attached).
Please note: 22kW Solo 3s require a three-phase household electrical supply.
Protected with Auto Power Balancing
Keep your electric car charging without overloading your home supply.
- Adjusts your charge so your electrical supply doesn't get overloaded when your home is using a lot of energy.
- Charging returns to the fastest rate automatically, once more power becomes available.
- Lets you run all your home appliances as needed and makes it possible to install a second chargepoint for other vehicles.
Please note: Auto Power Balancing is only available for 3.6kW and 7kW Solo 3s.
Over-the-Air updates via Wi-Fi
Unlock new features, get the latest software updates and receive remote support.
- Receive Over-the-Air software updates by connecting your Solo 3 to Wi-Fi
- Get new smart features that we release in future without having to buy a new charger
- Receive remote diagnostics from our support team in the unlikely event there's an issue with your charger
Get more with the Pod Point App
Pair your Solo 3 with the Pod Point App to understand and optimise your energy usage.
- Schedule your charging during off-peak hours and save up to 83% on electricity costs*.
- Gain insight into your charging activity and the associated costs from your mobile device.
- View all your home and Pod Point Network charging activity in one place.
- Download itemised charging reports to form part of your home and vehicle budgeting.
*Figure is based on Pod Point cost estimates for charging on an average electricity tariff (28p/kWh) vs EDF’s GoElectric 35 tariff during off-peak hours (4.5p/kWh). Applies to the Solo 3.
Warranty and safety features
3-year warranty as standard, safe by design.
- Your Solo 3 comes with a 3-year warranty with the option to extend to 5 years while ordering.
- Compliant with the highest international charging standards (IEC 61851, CE Certified).
- Includes over-current and fault protection, wet gun protection and double power relay.