Free CPD Training for EV Charging
Posted by Richard: May 29, 2020 • 3 min read
Have you been tasked with including Electric Vehicle (EV) charging into the design of your development?
Whether you’re an Architect, M&E Consultant or an Electrician, we’re offering free CPD training sessions to breakdown everything you need to know about EV charging.
Why get CPD training?
The inclusion of electric vehicle charging infrastructure is increasingly found as a planning requirement in regions across the UK. Last year, the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) closed their consultation on "Electric Vehicle Chargepoints in Residential & Non-residential buildings". If enacted, this means that all new residential buildings with associated parking spaces will have to have a chargepoint.
Often, the planning statement creates more questions than it answers. For example, how long will it take to charge? How much power do we need? Can I Load Balance the supply? Where should they be located? Are they safe? How are they installed? Is the planning requirement fair, proportionate or technically accurate?
As the world slowly moves away from fossil fuels, the infrastructure required to charge an electric vehicle is the new reality that developers are increasingly being put under pressure to deliver.
To assist the building sector with this new unprecedented challenge, Pod Point offers a free training service on all aspects of the Electric Vehicle Industry.
What's included in Pod Point's CPD training?
- An introduction to the electric vehicle industry
- Where will electric vehicle drivers charge?
- Regulations and planning guidance
- Design Guidance
- Billing & money
- Grants and tax benefits
- Typical installations
- Future gazing
At the end of the session, you'll be able to:
- Create a basic EV charging specification and critique the accuracy of existing specifications to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Avoid frequent mistakes in scoping and delivery including communications issues, mounting locations and power calculations
- A clearer understanding of how to interpret planning requirements
- Have a clear understanding of the market dynamics at play and perhaps for your own driving requirements a better idea of what an electric future might look like for you
- A strong understanding of how chargepoints are installed, managed and maintained on an ongoing basis
We've given CPD training to businesses such as Aecom, Hoare Lea, Arup, Bellway and many more. Learn more about our Business Solutions or, if you're new to EV charging, take a look at our Business Guides.
‘A very good presentation - well done. Concise, informative and well presented - unlike many we receive.’ - ION Construction Engineers
'Your presentation received high praise from everybody in the office and I would go as far to say that it was the most interesting, informative and well delivered CPD we have had. Thank you.' - TNG Consulting
‘Thank you very much for providing your CPD presentation earlier today. It was very informative and gave us a good insight into where this evolving technology is currently at and where it is going. And more importantly, how that affects us and our clients’ - ATP Architects
‘A great mix of Industry Insight, Product/Technical knowledge and how your products work. Thanks for coming in.’ - JTP
‘There was overwhelmingly positive feedback on the presentation as I hope you gathered from the amount of questions. Thanks again for coming in to present today.’ - Cullinan Studio