Workplace Charging Scheme
A complete guide covering what the Workplace Charging Scheme is, how it works and how you can claim £300 for an electric car charging station for your business.
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a government scheme for electric vehicles offered by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
- The Workplace Charging Scheme provides £300 off the cost of the purchasing & installing of a new charging station (single socket).
- You can claim up to a maximum of 20 charging stations (20 single socket or 10 double socket charge stations).
- You can't back-claim for old charge stations.
The Workplace Charging Scheme is available from the 21st November 2016 onwards to any business, charity or public authority.
- You must have off-street parking.
- No electric vehicle (EV) proof is needed, but you will need to clarify a need for the business.
- You must have the charging station installed by an OLEV-approved workplace charging station installer.
30% of electric vehicle drivers do their charging at the workplace.
- Your employees can save nearly £1,000 a year in fuel costs.
- You can offer electric vehicle charging to your visitors.
- You can reduce employee benefit in kind tax by up to 86% for company cars.*
- A green fleet can help reduce CO2 emissions and reach sustainability goals.
Download the workplace electric car charging whitepaper
Pod Point is an OLEV-approved installer.
To claim £300 off the cost of you new workplace chargepoint, all you need to do is fill in this simple workplace charging point form and the Pod Point team of experts will do the rest!