Why get certified to install the Solo Smart Charger?
Lower your cost of install
No type B RCD required. Only Type A.
Maximise installs per day
No earth rod or isolation transformer is required.
Attract more customers
Offer smart, Wi-Fi enabled chargepoints.
Easier to install
Reduce applications to DNO prior to install
Reduce cost, time and complexity - instantly.
Our Solo Smart Charge units have been designed with an easier and more efficient install in mind:
- The Solo has built-in earth-neutral failure protection - no earth rod or isolation transformer required.
- Load balancing reduces the number of applications for pre-authorisation required from the DNO.
- Every domestic Solo is now fitted with 6mA DC leakage protection - no type B RCD required.
- You'll also be able to claim the OLEV EVHS grant against the cost of eligible installs.
What happens once I’m certified?
Once certified as a domestic Pod Point installer, you’ll be able to:
- Install and commission Pod Point Home Charging points.*
- Promote your Pod Point certification online to attract new customers.
- Receive our installer marketing pack to advertise your certification.
*If you don't commission a charger, the warranty will not be valid and it may not function.
How to get certified
The simple steps to get certified as soon as possible:
- Start and complete your online training.
- Once you've completed your online training we’ll email you typically within 3 days confirming your certification status.
- In the same email we'll also send your training certificate, introduce you to our installer portal and cover the full commissioning process.
Note: If your company has more than one electrician, each will need to complete training individually to install our home chargers. If you require urgent assistance, please call 0207 247 4114.
Where can I buy stock?
Our smart Solo unit is available exclusively at Medlocks and YESSS, purchasable either in-store or online.
Please note: You will need to have completed Pod Point training to commission any units you install or claim the OLEV grant.