Why get certified to install the Solo Smart Charger?
Lower your cost of install
No type B RCD required. Only Type A.
Maximise installs per day
No earth rod or isolation transformer is required.
Attract more customers
Offer smart, Wi-Fi enabled chargepoints.
Easier to install
Reduce applications to DNO prior to install
Reduce cost, time and complexity - instantly.
Our Solo Smart Charge units have been designed with an easier and more efficient install in mind:
- The Solo has built-in earth-neutral failure protection - no earth rod or isolation transformer required.
- Load balancing reduces the number of applications for pre-authorisation required from the DNO.
- Every domestic Solo is now fitted with 6mA DC leakage protection - no type B RCD required.
What happens once I’m certified?
Once certified as a domestic Pod Point installer, you’ll be able to:
- Install and commission Pod Point Home Charging points.
- Maintain eligibility to claim the OLEV grant against the cost of install*.
- Promote your Pod Point certification online to attract new customers.
- Receive our installer marketing pack to advertise your certification.
*For more general info on the OLEV EVHS grant, see the government’s official guidance for installers.
How to get certified
Complete 3 simple steps to get certified today:
- Start and complete your online training here.
- Once you’ve completed your online training, please call us on 0207 247 4114 to get your installer account set-up.
- We’ll email your training certificate and introduce you to our installer portal and cover the full commissioning process.
Note: If your company has more than one electrician, each will need to complete training individually to install our home chargers.
Where can I buy stock?
Our smart Solo unit is available exclusively at Medlocks and YESSS, purchasable either in-store or online.
Please note: You will need to have completed Pod Point training to commission any units you install or claim the OLEV grant.