Electric Insights 005 | DPD
Posted December 01, 2020 by Roseanne
We’re joined by DPD for episode 5 of our Electric Insights series. Guess how many parcels they're expecting to deliver after Black Friday...
View DPD episode:
Who's on Electric Insights 005?
James McKemey, Pod Point Head of Insights, chats to Olly Craughan, Head of CSR at one of the UK's largest delivery firms, DPD.
DPD are one of Europe's leading parcel groups and are wholly owned by France's La Poste, the second largest postal group in Europe. They are the UK's favourite parcel delivery company - providing innovative, high quality and tine sensitive solutions.
The DPD team exceeds 15,000 people, operating over 10,000 vehicles from 84 locations and delivering over 260m parcels a year.
Olly has been with DPD for over 8 years and has vast experience in Operations. Now, as Head of CSR, Olly is on the forefront of DPD's plan to become the most sustainable delivery company.
James is a passionate advocate of electric vehicles (EV), with nearly 10 years’ experience at Pod Point, following a career as an environmental consultant. As Pod Point’s third longest serving member, James has worked in Sales, Customer Operations and now Head of Insights, tasked with communicating to industry and key stakeholders, sharing his knowledge on all things EV charging.
What's the episode about?
In this episode James and Olly cover a variety of topics including:
- Growth experienced as a result of the pandemic and lockdown restrictions, dealing with a million parcels a day and how this compares to pre-covid levels
- DPD's 4th pillar - becoming a leader in sustainable delivery
- Fleet electrification challenges
- How DPD is working with ASOS on a 'Re-love' initiative whereby DPD will collect and deliver clothes to charities donated by ASOS customers
- Biggest challenges posed to DPD by the pandemic
- The extent to which the pandemic will drive further environmental commitments
- Project breathe and how DPD is monitoring air quality in London, Madrid and Lisbon to help inform local government planning
What is Electric Insights?
Pod Point chats with key industry players about the EV industry and more!
We explore the following themes:
- EV technology and infrastructure
- The challenges and opportunities associated with the transition to electric
- The impact of COVID-19 on the EV industry
Want to see more?
Guests so far include:
- National Grid
- Met Office
- Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS)