Mazda MX-30 (2021)
The complete guide to charging your Mazda MX-30 (2021), covering electric range, how long it takes to charge, how much it costs, and much more.
Last updated: Apr 27, 2021 • 7 min read
The Mazda MX-30 has a fair bit of sporty automotive pedigree in its letters (e.g. "MX-5"), so it is promising a bit of sportiness from the off, albeit in the guise of a compact SUV. It's a BEV, of course, so of course it has zippy acceleration, albeit it's comparitively sedate to reach 60mph alongside other BEVs. Mazda are targeting this as a city car, and therefore modest range is a good bet, as the smaller battery makes it a somewhat more affordable option. A handsome front and an assured stance add to the car's appeal.
Charging time for a Mazda MX-30
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your MX-30 from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||16 h||8 m/h|
|3.6kW||Home / Work||10 h||12 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||6 h||22 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||6 h||22 m/h|
|50kW||Public Locations||40 min||61 m/30 min|
|150kW||Public Locations||40 min||61 m/30 min|
* Based on Pod Point estimates, charging time can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate. Max charging rate may also be limited by the vehicle.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
Connector type and charging rates
You can charge your Mazda MX-30 with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point. There is also a CCS connector for rapid charging.
Where you can charge a Mazda MX-30
You can charge your Mazda MX-30 conveniently at home, plug-in when you arrive at work or top up (mostly for free!) when you're out and about at locations including supermarkets and public car parks.
On Public Networks
* Price includes £350 OZEV grant, full price £799.
** Other charging options are also available, speak to our team for more information.
*** Available for vehicles with either CCS or CHAdeMO connectors.
Cost to charge
Cost of charging a Mazda MX-30
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates). Charging on the Pod Point Network is usually free through the Pod Point App.
|Home (empty to full)*||£5.43||5.15p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||£4.79||7.58p|
* Assumes tariff of 17p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 25p/kWh applicable to most Pod Point rapid chargers.
|Official range (WLTP*)||124 miles|
|Pod Point Confidence Range**||105 miles|
* For information on "WLTP" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** Pod Point Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|0-62 mph||9.7 seconds|
|Top speed||87 mph|
|Engine power||107 bhp / 143 kW|
|Battery size||35.5 kWh|
|Usable battery (Pod Point estimate)||32 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||305 Wh/mile|
|Battery efficiency (Pod Point estimate)||303 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||0 gCO2/km|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (Pod Point calculated)*||34 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2020 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.
Purchase, Tax & Grants
The Mazda MX-30 is eligible for the OZEV Plug-in Car and Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grants. You will also benefit from £0 road tax and £0 London Congestion Charge.
|Vehicle warranty||3 years / 60,000 miles|
|Battery warranty||8 years / 100,000 miles|
* On-the-road price excluding Plug-in Car Grant.
|Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)||Amount|
|Benefit in Kind (BiK) tax year||BiK tax rate||Annual BiK value|
|For cars registered after 6 April 2020|
* For further information including how to calculate personal BiK liabilities, please visit our Electric Car Tax guide.
|London Congestion Zone Charge*||£0|
|Ultra Low Emission Zone Charge**||£0|
* A £10 annual registration fee will still apply to each vehicle.
** For further information on London's Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), please visit our ULEZ guide.
|OZEV EVHS Grant||✔||£350||Can be used to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
|OZEV Plug-in Car Grant||✔||£2,500||Used to reduce the cost of the vehicle|
|EST Domestic Charge Point Grant||✔||£250||Can be used in Scotland in addition to the EVHS grant to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
* Prices for vehicles and chargepoints are typically displayed with the Plug-in Car and EVHS grant discounts already applied.