Mercedes-Benz eVito (2022)
The complete guide to charging your Mercedes-Benz eVito (2022), covering electric range, how long it takes to charge, how much it costs, and much more.
Last updated: Apr 14, 2023 • 7 min read
When it originally launched, the Mercedes-Benz eVito was a well-designed electric van hampered by a low range of less than 100 miles. Since then, it’s had an upgrade in 2022, now sporting a much larger 66kW battery, giving it a WLTP-approved range of 162 miles. That’s a whopping 76% more than the previous model, making it much more viable for high mileage usage. Plus, this one can accept rapid charging, so it can be filled from 20% to 80% in just 50 minutes on a 50kW charger. This makes the eVito much more competitive in the electric van segment.
Charging time for a Mercedes-Benz eVito
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your eVito from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||29 h||5 m/h|
|3.6kW||Home / Work||18 h||8 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||10 h||15 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||6 h||24 m/h|
|50kW||Public Locations||50 min||55 m/30 min|
|150kW||Public Locations||30 min||88 m/30 min|
* Based on Pod Point estimates, charging time can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate. Max charging rate may also be limited by the vehicle.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
Connector type and charging rates
You can charge your Mercedes-Benz eVito with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point. There is also a CCS connector for rapid charging.
Where you can charge a Mercedes-Benz eVito
You can charge your Mercedes-Benz eVito conveniently at home, plug-in when you arrive at work or top up when you're out and about at locations including supermarkets and public car parks.
On Public Networks
* Standard pricing, excludes any grants.
** Other charging options are also available, speak to our team for more information.
*** Available for vehicles with either CCS or CHAdeMO connectors.
Cost to charge
Cost of charging a Mercedes-Benz eVito
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates). Charging on the Pod Point Network can be accessed through the Pod Point App.
|Home (empty to full)*||£17.56||12.75p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||£16.55||20.03p|
* Assumes tariff of 28p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 44p/kWh applicable to most network rapid chargers as of April 2022.
|Official range (WLTP*)||162 miles|
|Pod Point Confidence Range**||138 miles|
* For information on "WLTP" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** Pod Point Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|Top speed||75 mph|
|Engine power||112 bhp / 85 kW|
|Battery size||66 kWh|
|Usable battery (Pod Point estimate)||62.7 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||413 Wh/mile|
|Battery efficiency (Pod Point estimate)||455 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||0 gCO2/km|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (Pod Point calculated)*||53 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2021 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.
Purchase, Tax & Grants
The Mercedes-Benz eVito is eligible for the OZEV Plug-in Car and EV chargepoint grants. You will also benefit from £0 road tax and £0 London Congestion Charge.
|Price (excl VAT & PiVG)||£41,675|
|Vehicle warranty||3 years / unlimited|
|Battery warranty||8 years / 100,000 miles|
|Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)||Amount|
|London Congestion Zone Charge*||£0|
|Ultra Low Emission Zone Charge**||£0|
* A £10 annual registration fee will still apply to each vehicle.
** For further information on London's Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), please visit our ULEZ guide.
|OZEV EV Chargepoint Grant||✔||£350||Can be used to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
|OZEV Plug-in Grant||✔||up to £5,000||Used to reduce the cost of the vehicle|
|EST Domestic Charge Point Grant (currently unavailable)||✔||£300||Can be used in Scotland in addition to the EV chargepoint grant to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
* Prices for vehicles are typically displayed with the Plug-in grant discount already applied. Home charging grants are dependent on status of the grant, and subject to eligibility requirements of the applicant as well as the vehicle.