Peugeot e-Expert (2020)
The complete guide to charging your Peugeot e-Expert (2020), covering electric range, how long it takes to charge, how much it costs, and much more.
Peugeot's e-Expert offers a larger load capacity and more range than its 2017 Partner model. It has similar BEV chops to the related Citroën ë-Dispatch and Vauxhall Vivaro van, and opting for the larger 75kWh battery will edge the range over the 200 mile mark. Its 100kW DC rapid charging adds to the flexibility of the vehicle, while its aforementioned range will be ample for many a workhorse van route.
Charging time for a Peugeot e-Expert
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your e-Expert from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||22 h||6 m/h|
|3.7kW||Home / Work||14 h||10 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||7 h||20 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||7 h||20 m/h|
|50kW||Public Locations||40 min||70 m/30 min|
|150kW||Public Locations||20 min||140 m/30 min|
* Based on Pod Point estimates, charging rates can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
Connector type and charging rates
You can charge your Peugeot e-Expert with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point. There is also a CCS connector for rapid charging.
Where you can charge a Peugeot e-Expert
|At Home||✔||The most convenient way to charge your EV is at home overnight for a full battery each morning.||Find out more|
|At Work||✔||Plug-in when you arrive at work and leave fully charged at the end of the day.||Find out more|
|On Public Networks||✔||You can often top up for free when you are out and about at convenient locations including supermarkets and public car parks.||Find out more|
Cost to charge
Cost of charging a Peugeot e-Expert
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates). Charging on the Pod Point Network is usually free through the Pod Point App.
|Home (empty to full)*||£6.30||5.18p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||£7.02||9.63p|
* Assumes tariff of 14p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 26p/kWh applicable to most Pod Point rapid chargers.
|Official range (WLTP*)||143 miles***|
|Official range (NEDC*)||N/A|
|Pod Point Confidence Range**||122 miles|
* For more information on "WLTP", "NEDC" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** Pod Point Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc..
*** 211 miles with 75kWh battery
|0-62 mph||13.1 seconds|
|Top speed||81 mph|
|Engine power||136 bhp / 100 kW|
|EV type||Battery electric|
|Battery size||50 kWh|
|Usable battery (Pod Point estimate)||45 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official battery efficiency (NEDC)||N/A|
|Battery efficiency (Pod Point estimate)||370 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official MPG (NEDC)||N/A|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||0 gCO2/km|
|Official CO2 emissions (NEDC)||N/A|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (Pod Point calculated)*||49 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2019 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.
Purchase,Tax & Grants
The Peugeot e-Expert is eligible for the OLEV Plug-in Vehicle and Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grants. You will also benefit from £0 road tax and £0 London Congestion Charge.
|Price (excl VAT)||£25,035|
|Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)||Amount|
|London Congestion Zone Charge*||£0|
|Ultra Low Emission Zone Charge**||£0|
* A £10 annual registration fee will still apply to each vehicle.
** For further information on London's Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), please visit our ULEZ guide.
|OLEV EVHS Grant||✔||£350||Can be used to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
|OLEV Plug-in Car Grant||✔||up to £8,000||Can be used to reduce the purchase price of the vehicle by 20% up to £8,000|
|EST Domestic Charge Point Grant||✔||£300||Can be used in Scotland in addition to the EVHS grant to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
* Prices for vehicles and chargepoints are typically displayed with the Plug-in Car and EVHS grant discounts already applied.