SEAT Leon e-HYBRID (2020)
The complete guide to charging your SEAT Leon e-HYBRID (2020), covering electric range, how long it takes to charge, how much it costs, and much more.
Handsome, practical and affordable the SEAT Leon e-HYBRID offers a very competitive PHEV package. The all important electric range is very usable, the performance is nippy enough to keep the driver interested and the interior refinement impresses. If you're not ready for the leap to BEV, the Leon e-HYBRID could be right for you - just make sure you regularly charge it to get value from the car!
Charging time for a SEAT Leon e-HYBRID
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your Leon e-HYBRID from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||6 h||6 m/h|
|3.7kW||Home / Work||4 h||10 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||4 h||10 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||4 h||10 m/h|
* Based on Pod Point estimates, charging rates can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
Connector type and charging rates
You can charge your SEAT Leon e-HYBRID with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point.
Where you can charge a SEAT Leon e-HYBRID
|At Home||✔||The most convenient way to charge your EV is at home overnight for a full battery each morning.||Find out more|
|At Work||✔||Plug-in when you arrive at work and leave fully charged at the end of the day.||Find out more|
|On Public Networks||✔||You can often top up for free when you are out and about at convenient locations including supermarkets and public car parks.||Find out more|
Cost to charge
Cost of charging a SEAT Leon e-HYBRID
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates). Charging on the Pod Point Network is usually free through the Pod Point App.
|Home (empty to full)*||£1.61||5.27p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||N/A||N/A|
* Assumes tariff of 14p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 26p/kWh applicable to most Pod Point rapid chargers.
|Official range (WLTP*)||36-40 miles|
|Official range (NEDC*)||N/A|
|Pod Point Confidence Range**||31 miles|
* For more information on "WLTP", "NEDC" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** Pod Point Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|0-62 mph||7.5 seconds|
|Top speed||137 mph|
|Engine power||201 bhp / 150 kW|
|EV type||Plug-in hybrid|
|Battery size||12.8 kWh|
|Usable battery (Pod Point estimate)||12 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||330 Wh/mile|
|Official battery efficiency (NEDC)||N/A|
|Battery efficiency (Pod Point estimate)||376 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||217.3-235.4 mpg|
|Official MPG (NEDC)||N/A|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||27-30 gCO2/km|
|Official CO2 emissions (NEDC)||N/A|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (Pod Point calculated)*||50 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2019 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.
Purchase,Tax & Grants
The SEAT Leon e-HYBRID is expected to only be eligible for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grant, but you will benefit from £0 year 1 road tax and £0 London Congestion Charge.
|Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)||Amount|
|Benefit in Kind (BiK) tax year||BiK tax rate||Annual BiK value|
|For cars registered after 6 April 2020|
* For further information including how to calculate personal BiK liabilities, please visit our Electric Car Tax guide.
|London Congestion Zone Charge*||£0|
|Ultra Low Emission Zone Charge**||£0|
* A £10 annual registration fee will still apply to each vehicle.
** For further information on London's Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), please visit our ULEZ guide.
|OLEV EVHS Grant||✔||£350||Can be used to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
|OLEV Plug-in Car Grant||✘||£0||Used to reduce the cost of the vehicle|
|EST Domestic Charge Point Grant||✔||£300||Can be used in Scotland in addition to the EVHS grant to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
* Prices for vehicles and chargepoints are typically displayed with the Plug-in Car and EVHS grant discounts already applied.