Audi A3 e-tron Charger Guide
The complete guide to charging your Audi A3 e-tron, covering range, charging time and charging cost.
The Audi A3 e-tron range is 31 miles (NEDC) of electric driving and up to 580 miles combined with the petrol engine. The electric battery range is perfect for short city trips while the petrol engine allows for long range journeys. Because of the electric battery, the Audi A3 e-tron achieves an MPG of up to 166 miles per gallon.
|Electric mode||Hybrid mode|
|31 miles||580 miles|
Did you know by only using the electric battery, you can save up to £1,000 a year on fuel spend?
The cost of charging a Audi A3 e-tron at home is about 90p. Charging cost depends on the location, speed and time of day. Charging at home with a charging point is certainly the most cost-effective way to charge.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Audi A3 e-tron costs about £2.37 to charge fully.
- Running costs for A3 e-tron are about 7.9p per mile.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging your Audi A3 e-tron at home with a 3 pin plug takes around 5 hours.
- Charging with a home charging point only takes 2-3 hours.
- The Audi A3 e-tron can only charge at a maximum rate of 3.7kW so cannot take full advantage of a 7kW charger.
- However, a 7kw charging point will future proof your home for your next electric vehicle.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Audi A3 e-tron with a 3 pin plug or with a dedicated home charging point at home, work or public destinations.
- Home charging points are ideal because you plug your Audi overnight and benefit from reduced nightly electricity rates.
- Public charging stations found at car parks, supermarkets, retail parks and other destinations across the UK are typically free to use.
- More employers are installing workplace charging points for their staff as an incentive, although these may incur a charging fee.
- Rapid charging points are found in motorway service stations and will charge your car in minutes, but typically cost about £6.50 per 30 minutes of use.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your Audi A3 e-tron from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Audi A3 e-tron uses a Type 2 connector.
- The A3 e-tron uses a single-phase charge rate of 3.7kW.
A 3.7kW charging point typically costs from £279* fully installed.
*Pricing assumes eligibility of the OLEV grant and standard install terms.
Click here to read more about charging options for Audi A3 e-tron