Audi A3 e-tron Charging Guide
The complete guide to charging your Audi A3 e-tron, covering range, charging time and charging cost.
The Audi A3 e-tron range is 31 miles (NEDC) of electric driving and up to 580 miles combined with the petrol engine. The electric battery range is perfect for short city trips while the petrol engine allows for long range journeys. Because of the electric battery, the Audi A3 e-tron achieves an MPG of up to 166 miles per gallon.
|Electric mode||Hybrid mode|
|31 miles||580 miles|
- Charging your Audi A3 e-tron at home with a 3 pin plug takes between 3-4 hours.
- Charging with a home charging point only takes 2-3 hours.
- The Audi A3 e-tron can only charge at a maximum rate of 3.7kW so cannot take full advantage of a 7kW charger.
- However, a 7kw charging point will future proof your home for your next electric vehicle.
|3.7kW charging point||2-3 hours|
|7kW charging point||2-3 hours|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
The cost of charging a Audi A3 e-tron at home is about 90p. Charging cost depends on the location, speed and time of day. Charging at home with a charging point is certainly the most cost-effective way to charge.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Audi A3 e-tron costs about 90p to charge fully.
- Running costs for A3 e-tron are about 3p per mile.
- By only using the electric battery, you can save up to £1,000 a year on fuel spend.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
You can charge a Audi A3 e-tron with a 3 pin plug or with a dedicated home charging point at home, work or public destinations.
- Home charging points are ideal because you plug your Audi overnight and benefit from reduced nightly electricity rates.
- Public charging stations found at carparks, supermarkets, retail parks and other destinations across the UK are typically free to use.
- More employers are installing workplace charging points for their staff as an incentive, although these may incur a charging fee.
- Rapid charging points are found in motorway service stations and will charge your car in minutes, but typically cost about £6.50 per 30 minutes of use.
A home charging point for the Audi A3 e-tron costs about £400 to purchase and install. This includes the £500 OLEV grant.
- 3.7kW charging point typically costs around £400 installed
- 7kW charging point typically costs around £500 installed
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant
Click here to read more about charging options for Audi A3 e-tron