Audi Q7 e-tron Charger Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your Audi Q7 e-tron, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Audi Q7 e-tron? How long does it take to charge a Audi Q7 e-tron? Audi Q7 e-tron home charging points installation How much does it cost to charge a Audi Q7 e-tron? How do you charge a Audi Q7 e-tron? How much does a Audi Q7 e-tron charging point cost?
- The Audi Q7 e-tron has a 17.6kWh battery with a range of 35 miles of electric driving.
- The tail-pipe CO2 emissions are 48 g/km, and has a fuel consumption of up to 157 MPG (Miles Per Gallon).
Did you know if you commute less than 35 miles a day you can save on fuel costs by using electric mode?
The cost of charging a Audi Q7 e-tron in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge (Charging at home costs as little as 2p per mile), although many public charging points are free to use.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a Audi Q7 e-Tron at home cost of electric to full £0.70.
- This equates to only 2p per mile electric and 8p per mile combined.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging your Audi Q7 e-tron at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between 4 - 6 hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes only 2 to 3 hours.
- A home charging point provides up to 15 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your Audi Q7 e-tron overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
- Make the most of your Audi plug-in hybrid by driving in pure electric mode around town.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Audi Q7 e-tron anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
A home charging point "wallbox" is a quick and efficient way to charge the battery of your new plug-in hybrid car. Our POD Point installation team have a quick turnaround time; we call within 1 day of receiving your request and install within 10 working days. Once the POD Point team of experts have successfully installed your new charging point, they will give you a thorough walk-through to make sure you get the most out of your charging point.
Find out more about home electric car charging points.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your Audi Q7 e-tron from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Audi Q7 e-tron uses a Type 2 connector.
- The Q7 e-tron uses a single-phase charge rate of up to 7kW.
Charging an Audi at home is done with a home charging point "wallbox". A home charger fully installed costs between £400-£500 after claiming the £500 government OLEV grant. Charging point providers claim the OLEV grant on your behalf.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed
- 7kW charging point costs around £500 installed
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant
Click here to get a charging point for Audi Q7 e-tron