BMW 225XE Charger Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your BMW 225XE, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
- The BMW 225XE has a 7.7kWh battery with a range of 25 miles of electric driving.
- The tail-pipe CO2 emissions are 46 g/km, and has a fuel consumption of up to 141 MPG (Miles Per Gallon).
Did you know that you could travel for free if you commute less than 25 miles per day in electric mode?
The cost of charging a BMW 225XE in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge, although many public charging points are free to use. Charging at home costs as little as 2p per mile.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a BMW 225XE at home cost of electric to full £0.50.
- This equates to only 2p per mile electric and 8p per mile combined.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging your BMW 225XE at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between 2-3 hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes only 1 hour.
- A home charging point provides up to 15 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your BMW 225XE overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
- Make the most of your BMW plug-in hybrid by driving in pure electric mode around town.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a BMW 225XE anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your BMW 225XE from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The BMW 225XE uses a Type 2 connector.
- The 225XE uses a single-phase charge rate of 3.7kW.