BMW 330e Charging Guide
The complete guide to charging your BMW 330e, covering charging cost, charging time, range and more.
- BMW 330e provides an electric range of 25 miles.
- Up to 370 miles combined with the petrol engine.
- With the electric battery, BMW 330e can achieve MPG of 100 miles per gallon.
- Perfect balance between city-based electric driving and long-range hybrid journeys.
|Electric mode||Hybrid mode|
|25 miles||370 miles|
- Charging your BMW 330e at home is the most cost effective way to charge.
- BMW 330e charge costs as little as 3p per mile.
- Based on overnight electricity cost of 10p per kWh, charging a BMW 330e costs only 75p.
- If you commute 20 miles a day, you will spend only £220 a year in fuel costs.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging a BMW 330e at home with a standard 3 pin plug takes about 3 hours.
- Charging using a home charging point takes only 2 hours.
BMW 330e can only charge with a 3.7kW chargepoint so cannot take advantage of the 7kW charging speed, but the 7kW option can future-proofing your home for your next plug-in vehicle (while the government grant is still available)
|3.7kW charging point||2-3 hours|
|7kW charging point||2-3 hours|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a BMW 330e anywhere where there is access to a reliable electrical supply, but the vast majority of charging takes place at home with a dedicated electric car charging point.
- Home charging points provide the safest and fastest way to make sure your plug-in vehicle is fully charged.
- Public charging points at car parks, retail parks and supermarkets across the UK are often free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Charging points at work are becoming more common and are typically offered as a staff incentive.
- Rapid chargers at motorway service stations charge your battery to 80% in about 30 minutes (but cost ~£6.50 per charge).
A BMW 330e home charging point costs about £500 fully installed with the government OLEV grant. A charging provider like POD Point takes claims the OLEV grant on your behalf.
- 3.7kW charging point typically costs around £400 installed.
- 7kW charging point typically costs around £500 installed.
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant.
Find out more about charging points for BMW 330e.