BMW 330e Charger Guide
The complete guide to charging your BMW 330e, covering charging cost, charging time, range and more.
This plug-in hybrid (PHEV) executive car has a combination of electric motor and BMW TwinPower Turbo.
- BMW 330e provides an electric range of 25 miles.
- Up to 370 miles combined with the petrol engine.
- With the electric battery, BMW 330e can achieve MPG of 100 miles per gallon.
- Perfect balance between city-based electric driving and long-range hybrid journeys.
|Electric mode||Hybrid mode|
|25 miles||370 miles|
Did you know if you commute less than 20 miles a day you will spend only £220 a year in fuel costs.
- Charging your BMW 330e at home is the most cost effective way to charge.
- BMW 330e charge costs as little as 8p per mile.
- Based on overnight electricity cost of 10p per kWh, charging a BMW 330e costs only 75p.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging a BMW 330e at home with a standard 3 pin plug takes about 3 hours.
- Charging using a home charging point takes only 2 hours.
The BMW 330e can charge with a 3.7kW chargepoint, it cannot take advantage of the 7kW charging speed yet. However, installing a 7kW chargepoint can be a good way to future-proof your home; it means you're covered if you get a different plug-in vehicle that can charge at a faster rate and let's you take advantage of the OLEV government grant while it is still available.
|3.7kW charging point||2-3 hours|
|7kW charging point||2-3 hours|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
![BMW 330e Charger - POD Point] (https://d3h256n3bzippp.cloudfront.net/BMW-i-wallbox-charging-point-POD-Point.jpg)
You can charge a BMW 330e anywhere where there is access to a reliable electrical supply, but the vast majority of charging takes place at home with a dedicated electric car charging point.
- Home charging points provide the safest and fastest way to make sure your plug-in vehicle is fully charged.
- Public charging points at car parks, retail parks and supermarkets across the UK are often free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Charging points at work are becoming more common and are typically offered as a staff incentive.
- Rapid chargers at motorway service stations charge your battery to 80% in about 30 minutes (but cost ~£6.50 per charge).
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your BMW 330e from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The BMW 330e uses a Type 2 connector.
- The 330e uses a single-phase charge rate of 3.7kW.