Citroen C-Zero Charger Guide
The complete guide to charging the Citroen Z-Cero, covering the range, charging cost, charging time and more.
- Citroen C-Zero range is about 93 miles and has a battery size of 14.5kWh.
- Range varies widely depending on driving style, driving conditions and several other factors.
|Balanced Driving (no AC or heating)||Motorway Driving (with AC or heating)|
|80 miles range||60 miles range|
Did you know your Citroen C-Zero saves you almost £1,000 a year in fuel compared to an average petrol car?
- Charging the Citroen C-Zero at home costs about £3.80.
- Cost of a running a Citroen C-Zero is around 3.8p per mile.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging a Citroen C-Zero from empty with a standard 3 pin plug takes about 6 hours.
- Charging at home with a 3.7kW charging point only takes less than 4 hours.
- The CHAdeMO connector for rapid charging provides up to 62.5kW and will charge your C-Zero in just 15 minutes.
|3 Pin Plug||6 hours|
|3.7kW Charging Point||4 hours|
|CHAdeMO Rapid Charger||15 minutes|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Citroen C-Zero with a standard 3 pin plug or a dedicated charging point. Most electric car charging takes place at home with a charging point.
- Home charging points are professionally installed in your garage, making sure you C-Zero is fully charged overnight.
- Public charging stations are found in supermarkets, car parks and other destinations across the UK. They are typically free to use.
- Workplace charging points are becoming increasingly popular with employers. They are installed as a staff incentive and are typically free to use.
- Rapid charging stations provide a quick charge for a fee of about £6.50 for 30 minutes of charging. They are found at motorway service stations.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your Citroen C-Zero from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Citroen C-Zero uses a Type 2 connector.
- The C-Zero uses a single-phase charge rate of up to 3.7kW.
A 3.7kW charging point typically costs from £279* fully installed.
*Pricing assumes eligibility of the OLEV grant and standard install terms.
Click here to get a charging point for Citroen C-Zero.