Hyundai IONIQ Electric Charger Guide
The complete guide to charging your Hyundai IONIQ Electric, covering range, charging time and charging cost.
The Hyundai IONIQ Electric has a 28kWh battery which provides up to 174 miles range on a single charge. This figure may be affected by environmental factors (e.g. ambient temperature) as well as your driving style.
- Charging your Hyundai IONIQ Electric at home with a standard 3 pin plug takes between 9-10 hours.
- Home charging point will charge your IONIQ Electric in only 4-5 hours.
- IONIQ Electric can charge at home with a 3.7kW or a faster 7kW charging point.
- Opt for the faster charging option to make sure your battery is always full before leaving the house.
|7-8 hours||4-5 hours|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
Did you know if you drive 20 miles a day, your fuel spend will be less than £120 a year?
Charging your Hyundai IONIQ Electric at home is the most cost-effective way to charge. Charging your battery to full will cost about £3.00.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Full charge on the IONIQ will cost about £3.00.
- Running costs equate to only about 2p per mile.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
You can charge your Hyundai IONIQ Electric at home, work or public destinations you regularly visit. At home you can charge with a standard 3 pin plug or a dedicated home charging point.
- Home charging points are the most convenient and cost-effective way to charge. Your vehicle can be plugged in overnight for a full charge every morning.
- Public charging stations are often free to use and are found in destinations like car parks, retail parks, supermarkets and others.
- Employers are increasingly offering workplace charging stations for their staff as an incentive.
- Rapid charging stations found in motorway service stations charge up your car in minutes but typically cost about £6.50 for 30 minutes of use.
A typical home charger for the Hyundai IONIQ Electric costs between £400-£500 fully installed with the OLEV grant.
POD Point is offering Hyundai IONIQ Electric customers a discount on 3kW and 7kW home charging points.
- 3.7kW home charging point typically costs £400 - currently £279 with POD Point.
- 7kW home charging point typically costs £500 - currently £300 with POD Point.
- Prices above include the £500 OLEV grant and assume standard installation.