Mercedes GLE 500e Charger Guide
Everything you need to know about charging your Mercedes GLE 500e, covering range, charging time, how to charge and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Mercedes GLE 500e? How much does it cost to charge a Mercedes GLE 500e How long does it take to charge a Mercedes GLE 500e? How do you charge a Mercedes GLE 500e? Mercedes GLE 500e home charging points installation What is the connector type and charge rate for Mercedes GLE 500e? How much does a Mercedes GLE 500e charging point cost?
- The Mercedes GLE 500e has a 6.2kWh battery with a range of 19 miles of electric driving.
- The tail-pipe CO2 emissions are 84 g/km, and has a fuel consumption of up to 76 MPG (Miles Per Gallon).
Did you know if you commute less than 19 miles per day you can travel for free if you use electric mode?
The cost of charging a Mercedes GLE 500e in the UK varies whether you are charging at home using your "wallbox" or on public charging stations. Charging at home is the most cost-effective way to charge, although many public charging points are free to use. Charging at home costs as little as 2p per mile.
- Typical overnight electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Charging a Mercedes GLE 500e at home cost of electric to full £0.36.
- This equates to only 2p per mile electric and 8p per mile combined.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging your Mercedes GLE 500e at home with a standard three pin plug can take anywhere between 4 - 6 hours.
- Using a dedicated home charging point "wallbox" takes only 2 to 3 hours.
- A home charging point provides up to 15 miles RPH (Range Per Hour).
- Charge your Mercedes GLE 500e overnight to take advantage of cheap electricity rates and be fully charged every morning.
- Make the most of your Mercedes GLE 500e plug-in hybrid by driving in pure electric mode around town.
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Mercedes GLE 500e anywhere with access to reliable electrical supply. The vast majority of electric car drivers will charge at home to maximise their fuel savings.
- Charge at home overnight to wake up to a full charge every morning.
- Charge at public charging stations at car parks and supermarkets across the UK, which are free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Workplace charging points are becoming more common in the UK and are usually offered as a staff incentive.
A home charging point "wallbox" is a quick and efficient way to charge the battery of your new plug-in hybrid car. Our POD Point installation team have a quick turnaround time; we call within 1 day of receiving your request and install within 10 working days. Once the POD Point team of experts have successfully installed your new charging point, they will give you a thorough walk-through to make sure you get the most out of your charging point.
Find out more about home electric car charging points.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your GLE 500e from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Mercedes GLE 500e uses a Type 2 connector.
- It uses a single-phase charge rate of 9.6kW.
Charging a Mercedes GLE 500e at home is done with a home charging point "wallbox". A home charger fully installed costs between £400-£500 after claiming the £500 government OLEV grant. Charging point providers claim the OLEV grant on your behalf.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed
- 7kW charging point costs around £500 installed
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant
Click here to get a charging point for Mercedes GLE 500e