Domestic Installer Guidance
Offer smart home charging to your customers
by becoming a registered Pod Point installer.
Why become registered to install the Solo 3 Charger?
Lower your cost of install
No type B RCD required. Only Type A.
Attract more customers
Offer smart, Wi-Fi enabled chargepoints.
Easier to install
No earth rod requirement and load balancing reduce applications to DNO.
Tech support available should you need it.
Reduce cost, time and complexity - instantly.
Our Solo 3 Charge units have been designed with an easier and more efficient install in mind:
- The Solo 3 has built-in earth-neutral failure protection - no earth rod or isolation transformer required.
- Load balancing reduces the number of applications for pre-authorisation required from the DNO.
- Every domestic Solo 3 is fitted with 6mA DC leakage protection - no type B RCD required.
- You'll also be able to claim the OZEV EV chargepoint grant against the cost of eligible installs.
What happens once I’m registered?
Once registered as a domestic Pod Point installer, you’ll be able to:
- Install and commission Pod Point Home Charging points.*
- Promote your Pod Point registration online to attract new customers.
- Receive our installer marketing pack to advertise your association with Pod Point.
*If you don't commission a charger, the warranty will not be valid and it may not function.
How to get registered
The simple steps to get registered as soon as possible:
- Start and complete your online installer guidance.
- Once you've completed your online guidance we’ll email you typically within 3 days confirming your registration status.
- In the same email we'll also send your registration confirmation, introduce you to our installer portal and cover the full commissioning process.
Note: If your company has more than one electrician, each will need to complete guidance individually to install our home chargers. If you require urgent assistance, please call 0207 247 4114.
Ready to provide smart charging technology?
Complete your domestic installer guidance and become registered to install the Solo 3 Home Charger.
Where can I buy stock?
Our smart Solo unit is available exclusively at Medlocks, Rexel and YESSS, purchasable either in-store or online.
Find your nearest: YESSS Electrical branch | Medlocks branch | Rexel branch
Buy online at: YESSS Electrical | Medlocks | Rexel
Please note: You will need to have completed Pod Point installer guidance to commission any Pod Point chargers you install.