Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Charging Guide
The complete guide to charging your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, covering range, charging cost, how to charge, charging time and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How much does it cost to charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How do you charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How long does it take to charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How much does a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV charging point cost?
- Outlander PHEV has range of 32 electric miles (NEDC).
- Combined with the petrol engine, Outlander PHEV range is 500 miles.
- With the electric battery, Outlander PHEV achieves MPG of up to 156 miles per gallon.
|Electric Range||Electric and Petrol Range|
|32 miles||400-500 miles|
- Charge overnight to get the lowest electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Cost of charging your Mitsubishi Outlander from empty is only £1.20.
- Running costs can be as little as 3p per mile.
- You can save up to £1,000 a year by driving electric compared to a standard petrol car.
Find out more more about the cost of charging an electric car.
You can charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV anywhere with a reliable electrical supply and a standard 3 pin plug.
- The safest and fastest (25% faster) way to charge at home is with a 3.7kW electric vehicle charging point.
- If there are several electric cars at your workplace, your employer may install free charging stations as a staff incentive.
- Public charging stations at supermarkets, retail parks and car parks are available across the UK and are usually free to use.
- Charging your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV at home with a 3 pin plug takes up to between 4-5 hours.
- Maximise your electric range and save money on petrol by using a home charging point
- A home charger will charge your Outlander PHEV to full in only 3 hours.
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV can only charge using a 3.7kW charging point but purchasing a 7kW unit will future-proof your home for your next plug-in electric car (while the government OLEV grant is still available).
|Charging Speed||3 pin plug||3.7kW charging point||7kW charging point|
|Charging Time||4-5 hours||3 hours||3 hours|
Click here to find out more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
Home charging point for a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV costs between £400-£500 (with the government OLEV grant). Most plug-in drivers install a charging point at home so they can charge fast and maximise their MPG.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed.
- 7kW charging point costs around £500 installed.
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant.
Click here to read more about charging options for Mitsubishi Outlander.