Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Charger Guide
The complete guide to charging your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, covering range, charging cost, how to charge, charging time and more.
Get quick answers - jump to:
What's the range of a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How much does it cost to charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How do you charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? How long does it take to charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV connector type and charge rate? How much does a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV charging point cost?
- Outlander PHEV has range of 32 electric miles (NEDC).
- Combined with the petrol engine, Outlander PHEV range is 500 miles.
- With the electric battery, Outlander PHEV achieves MPG of up to 156 miles per gallon.
|Electric Range||Electric and Petrol Range|
|32 miles||400-500 miles|
Did you know you can save up to £1,000 a year by driving electric compared to a standard petrol car.
- Charge overnight to get the lowest electricity rate of 10p per kWh.
- Cost of charging your Mitsubishi Outlander from empty is only £1.20.
- Running costs can be as little as 2p per mile.
Find out more more about the cost of charging an electric car.
You can charge a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV anywhere with a reliable electrical supply and a standard 3 pin plug.
- The safest and fastest (25% faster) way to charge at home is with a 3.7kW electric vehicle charging point.
- If there are several electric cars at your workplace, your employer may install free charging stations as a staff incentive.
- Public charging stations at supermarkets, retail parks and car parks are available across the UK and are usually free to use.
- Charging your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV at home with a 3 pin plug takes up to between 4-5 hours.
- Maximise your electric range and save money on petrol by using a home charging point
- A home charger will charge your Outlander PHEV to full in only 3 hours.
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV can only charge using a 3.7kW charging point but purchasing a 7kW unit will future-proof your home for your next plug-in electric car (while the government OLEV grant is still available).
|Charging Speed||3 pin plug||3.7kW charging point||7kW charging point|
|Charging Time||4-5 hours||3 hours||3 hours|
Click here to find out more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV uses a Type 1 connector.
- The Outlander uses a single-phase charge rate of up to 3.7kW
Home charging point for a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV costs between £400-£500 (with the government OLEV grant). Most plug-in drivers install a charging point at home so they can charge fast and maximise their MPG.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed.
- 7kW charging point costs around £500 installed.
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant.
Click here to read more about charging options for Mitsubishi Outlander.