Peugeot iOn Charging Guide
The complete guide to charging the Peugeot iOn, covering the Peugeot iOn range, charging cost, charging time and more.
- Peugeot iOn range is 93 miles (by NEDC standard) and has a battery size of 16kW.
- Range varies widely depending on driving style, driving conditions and several other factors.
|Balanced Driving (no AC or heating)||Motorway Driving (with AC or heating)|
|80 miles range||60 miles range|
- Charging the Peugeot iOn at home costs about £1.50 (with overnight electricity rate at 10p per kWh).
- Cost of a running a Peugeot iOn is less than 2p per mile.
- Saving you almost £1,000 a year in fuel compared to an average petrol car.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging a Peugeot iOn from empty with a standard 3 pin plug takes about 6 hours.
- Charging at home with a 3.7kW charging point takes just over 4 hours.
- The CHAdeMO connector for rapid charging provides up to 62.5kW and will charge your Peugeot iOn in just 15 minutes.
|3 Pin Plug||6 hours|
|3.7kW Charging Point||4 hours|
|CHAdeMO Rapid Charger||15 minutes|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Peugeot iOn with a standard 3 pin plug or a dedicated charging point. Most electric car charging takes place at home with a charging point.
- Home charging points are professionally installed in your garage, making sure you iOn is always fully charged overnight.
- Public charging stations are found in supermarkets, car parks and other public destinations across the UK. They are typically free to use.
- Workplace charging points are becoming increasingly popular with employers. They are installed as a staff incentive and are typically free to use.
- Rapid charging stations provide a quick charge for a fee of about £6.50 for 30 minutes of charging. They are found at motorway service stations.
A charging point fully installed at home for the Peugeot iOn costs between £400-£500 after claiming the £500 government OLEV grant. Charging point providers such as POD Point claim the OLEV grant on your behalf.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant
Click here to get a charging point for Peugeot iOn.