Peugeot iOn Charger Guide
The complete guide to charging the Peugeot iOn, covering the Peugeot iOn range, charging cost, charging time and more.
- Peugeot iOn range is 93 miles and has a battery size of 16kW.
- Range varies widely depending on driving style, driving conditions and several other factors.
|Balanced Driving (no AC or heating)||Motorway Driving (with AC or heating)|
|80 miles range||60 miles range|
Did you know that the Peugeot iOn could save you almost £1,000 a year in fuel compared to an average petrol car?
- Charging the Peugeot iOn at home costs about £1.50 (with overnight electricity rate at 10p per kWh).
- Cost of a running a Peugeot iOn is less than 2p per mile.
Click here to read more about the cost of charging an electric car.
- Charging a Peugeot iOn from empty with a standard 3 pin plug takes about 6 hours.
- Charging at home with a 3.7kW charging point takes just over 4 hours.
- The CHAdeMO connector for rapid charging provides up to 62.5kW and will charge your Peugeot iOn in just 15 minutes.
|3 Pin Plug||6 hours|
|3.7kW Charging Point||4 hours|
|CHAdeMO Rapid Charger||15 minutes|
Click here to read more about how long it takes to charge an electric car.
You can charge a Peugeot iOn with a standard 3 pin plug or a dedicated charging point. Most electric car charging takes place at home with a charging point.
- Home charging points are professionally installed in your garage, making sure you iOn is always fully charged overnight.
- Public charging stations are found in supermarkets, car parks and other public destinations across the UK. They are typically free to use.
- Workplace charging points are becoming increasingly popular with employers. They are installed as a staff incentive and are typically free to use.
- Rapid charging stations provide a quick charge for a fee of about £6.50 for 30 minutes of charging. They are found at motorway service stations.
When deciding on which chargepoint to charge your Peugeot iOn from, you need to know the connector type (Type 1 or Type 2 plug) and the maximum single-phase charge rate (3.7kW or 7kW).
- The Peugeot iOn uses a Type 1 connector.
- The iOn uses a single-phase charge rate of 3.7kW.
A charging point fully installed at home for the Peugeot iOn costs between £400-£500 after claiming the £500 government OLEV grant. Charging point providers such as POD Point claim the OLEV grant on your behalf.
- 3.7kW charging point costs around £400 installed
- All prices quoted include the £500 OLEV grant
Click here to get a charging point for Peugeot iOn.