What is the Plug-In Car Grant?
A complete guide that covers what the Plug-in Car Grant is and how you can claim it to reduce the cost of your plug-in vehicle by up to £4500
The Plug-In Car Grant is a government grant designed to promote the uptake of electric vehicles in the UK. The grant provides up to £4500 towards the cost of an eligible plug-in vehicle.
- The Plug-In Car Grant applies at the time of purchase and is usually given as a discount off the purchase price of a vehicle.
- Grant will be offered until 2018.
- The Plug-In Car Grant reduces the cost of eligible fully electric vehicles by up to £4500.
- The grant also applies to eligible plug-in hybrid vehicles, up to £2500.
- Applicable to new vehicles up to a value of £60,000.
To qualify for the Plug-In Car Grant, you need to purchase a qualifying electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st March 2016 onwards.
- Most full electric and plug-in hybrids vehicles are eligible for the grant.
- If fully electric, the vehicle must have a range of at least 70 miles.
- The vehicle must be chosen from the list of eligible vehicles.
- The grant is applied at the time of purchase and your manufacturer will guide you through the application process.
The vast majority of plug-in vehicles available in the UK today are eligible for the grant. These include:
- Nissan LEAF (£4500).
- Tesla Model S (£4500).
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (£2500).
Was this article helpful?
Drop us a message to let us know at email@example.com.