Electric Insights 006 | Robert Llewellyn Part 1
Posted February 02, 2021 by Roseanne
Robert Llewellyn, the man behind EV series ‘Fully Charged’ joins Erik Fairbairn to shoot the breeze.
Watch the Robert Llewellyn / Fully Charged episode:
Who's on Electric Insights 006?
In this special episode Erik Fairbairn, Pod Point Founder and CEO, switches roles, interviewing the one and only Robert Llewellyn.
Robert is a British actor, presenter and writer, famous for his 30-year stretch as the rubber-masked mechanoid Kryten in the much-loved science fiction comedy, ‘Red Dwarf’. With his interest in engineering, Robert then turned his hand to presenting the long-running TV gameshow, ‘Scrapheap Challenge’ along with ‘How Do They Do It?’ and ‘Carpool’.
In 2010, after being blown away by early Electric Cars, Robert launched Fully Charged, a YouTube channel focussing on the future of clean energy and electric vehicles, of all shapes and sizes. Fully Charged has exceeded 55 million views around the world.
Plus, this isn't the first time these two have got together for a chat. Take a look at Erik Fairbairn's appearance on Fully Charged back in 2018.
What's the Part 1 about?
Erik and Robert chew the fat about:
- Which of Robert’s shows have most defined him (cool fact: more people watch a Fully Charged episode in the first week of it going live than used to watch Scrapheap or Red Dwarf).
- How the California Air Resources Board - of all things - shaped Robert’s thinking around EVs.
- What technology from the last 12 months has got him most excited.
- And what exactly does he do with those 38p Red Dwarf royalty cheques?
When will Part 2 be out and what’s inside?
Part 2 will be out soon! Keep an eye on the blog and Pod Point social channels.
In Part 2, Erik and Robert continue setting the (sustainability) world to rights, discussing:
- How much of the tech seen on Fully Charged has seeped into Robert’s life
- What’s next for Fully Charged? Could there be a TV series in the works?
- A few of Robert’s favourite things. For example, converting classic cars, his favourite EV and his funniest experience with an EV.
- Zapheap challenge... We’ll say no more, for now.
Want to see more?
Guests so far include:
- National Grid
- Met Office
- Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS)
Looking for EV and EV charging information?
Check out our guides:
- Cost of charging an electric car
- How long does it take to charge an electric car
- Researching EVs? Browse over 100 vehicle guides