OLEV Grant: A Complete Guide
A complete guide about what the OLEV EVHS Grant is, how you can benefit from it and how to claim up to £350 for a home charging point.
Last updated: Oct 25, 2021 • 2 min read
In the context of home charging, the “OLEV Grant” refers to a government grant for electric car home chargers, provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
- The OLEV Grant, specifically named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides up to £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point.
- It’s available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars, old or new.
- You can claim one chargepoint per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
- An additional grant of up to £250 is available to Scottish EV drivers via the Energy Savings Trust Scotland.
- OLEV also offer the separate Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) grant which can be claimed by any business, charity or public authority and provides up to £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing workplace charging points, up to 40 sockets.
Note: The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) has been renamed to Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV).
How do I qualify for the OLEV Grant?
To qualify for OLEV’s EVHS grant, you need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle or leased one for at least six months.
- You must have off-street parking.
- You must install an OLEV-approved chargepoint.
- You must use an OLEV-approved chargepoint installer like Pod Point.
Which vehicles are eligible for the OLEV Grant?
Not all plug-in vehicles are eligible for the OLEV EVHS grant. All full battery electric vehicles are eligible, but plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 50g/km.
Click here to see a list of OLEV eligible vehicles.
How do I claim the OLEV Grant?
To claim up to £350 off the cost of your new home charging point, all you have to do is answer a few simple questions and share some documents with us while ordering your Pod Point.
Our team will then do the heavy lifting and claim the grant on your behalf.
Additional grant in Scotland
Through the Energy Saving Trust Scotland, the Scottish Government offers Scottish residents an additional grant of up to £250 (or £350 for those in the most remote areas of Scotland), on top of the EVHS grant.
Just as with the EVHS grant, and in addition to it, Pod Point assists our Scottish customers to take advantage of this grant through the standard ordering process.