OLEV Grant: A Complete Guide
A complete guide about what the OLEV EVHS Grant is, how you can benefit from it and how to claim up to £500 for a home charging point.
In the context of home charging, the “OLEV Grant” refers to a government grant for electric car home chargers, provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
- The OLEV Grant, specifically named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides up to £500 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point.
- It’s available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars.
- You can claim one chargepoint per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
- An additional grant of up to £300 is available to Scottish EV drivers via the Energy Savings Trust Scotland.
How do I qualify for the OLEV Grant?
To qualify for OLEV’s EVHS grant, you need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st October 2016 onwards.
- You must have off-street parking.
- You must install an OLEV-approved chargepoint.
- The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle.
- You must use an OLEV-approved chargepoint installer like Pod Point.
Which vehicles are eligible for the OLEV Grant?
Not all plug-in vehicles are eligible for the OLEV EVHS grant. All full battery electric vehicles are eligible, but plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 75g/km.
OLEV maintains a list of those vehicles which are eligible here.
How do I claim the OLEV Grant?
To claim up to £500 off the cost of your new home charging point, all you have to do is answer a few simple questions and share some documents with us while ordering your Pod Point.
Our team will then do the heavy lifting and claim the grant on your behalf.
Additional grant in Scotland
Through the Energy Saving Trust Scotland, the Scottish Government offers Scottish residents an additional grant of up to £300, on top of the EVHS grant.
Just as with the EVHS grant, and in addition to it, Pod Point assists our Scottish customers to take advantage of this grant through the standard ordering process.