What is the OLEV Grant?
A complete guide that covers what the OLEV Grant is, how you can benefit from it and how to claim £500 for a home charging point.
The OLEV Grant is a government grant provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles, or OLEV for short. The grant provides £500 to reduce the cost of a home charging point, dependent on eligibility.
- The OLEV Grant reduces the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point for electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars.
- Purchasers of eligible vehicles can claim £500 to reduce the cost of purchasing and installing a home charging point.
- Grant offers up to £500 off cost of purchasing & installing a charging point at home.
- One charging point per eligible vehicle.
- Up to two charging points per household.
To qualify for the OLEV Grant, you need to have purchased a qualifying electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st April 2015 onwards.
- Most fully electric and plug-in hybrids vehicles are eligible for the grant - see the full list of eligible plug-in vehicles here.
- You must have off-street parking.
- You must use an OLEV-approved home charging point installer.
- You can get one charging point installed per eligible vehicle, up to two per household.
A dedicated charging point is the fastest, safest and most convenient way to charge at home.
- Charge up to 2.5x faster than with a 3 pin plug.
- Built in safety features for peace of mind.
- Locate the point close to where you park and opt for a tethered cable so it's easy to plug-in.
Tip: Save nearly £1,000 a year in fuel costs with a home charging point (instead of relying on public charging facilities).
Was this article helpful?
Drop us a message to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.