What is the OLEV Grant?
A complete guide about what the OLEV Grant is, how you can benefit from it and how to claim £500 for a home charging point.
- The OLEV Grant provides £500 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point.
- Government grant provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV for short).
- Available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars.
- You can claim one charging per eligible vehicle and up to two charging points per household.
To qualify for the OLEV Grant, you need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st April 2015 onwards.
- See full list of eligible plug-in vehicles here.
- You must have off-street parking.
- You must use an OLEV-approved home charging point installer.
A home charging point is the fastest, safest and most convenient way to charge your electric car.
- Charge up to 2.5x faster than with a 3 pin plug.
- Built in safety features for peace of mind.
- Choose a tethered charging point so it's easy to plug in as soon as you park.
Tip: Save nearly £1,000 a year in fuel costs a year with a home charging point (instead of relying on public charging facilities).
Was this article helpful?
Drop us a message to let us know at email@example.com.