Flexible payment with Klarna*
Standard installation included
With Smart Home Charging you get...
Our Solo 3 pairs with the Pod Point App and automatically power balances with your home
3.6, 7 or 22kW electric car charger with a market-leading 5-year warranty.1
Charge your EV up to 10 x faster than a 3-pin plug.
Charge activity monitoring with the Pod Point App.
Understand and optimise your EV energy usage.
Auto Power Balancing to safely manage electrical load.
Charge your vehicle in harmony with your home.
Schedule a charge when it's cheapest.
Save by charging your EV during off-peak hours.
Over-the-air software updates via Wi-Fi.
Unlock new features for your Solo 3.
When ordering your Solo 3, you can choose from a:
- 3.6kW, 7kW or 22kW power rating.
- Universal socket or tethered version - (Type 1 - 4.8m or Type 2 - 7.5m)
Your Solo 3 comes with up to 5 years warranty as standard for added peace of mind.1
Please note: 22kW home chargers require a three-phase household electrical supply.
Explore the Solo 3 charger in-depth.
Charge activity monitoring with the Pod Point App gives you insights into your energy usage.
- Oversee your car charging costs and learn when it's cheapest to charge on your energy tariff.
- Make informed decisions on when to charge, by viewing a forecast of your local carbon intensity, provided by National Grid.
- Export itemised reports that can form part of your vehicle/house budgeting.
- Check your charger's live charging status within the app.
Explore the Pod Point App.
Auto Power Balancing adjusts the rate of charge to avoid overloading your electrical supply when your home is using a lot of energy.
The charging will return to the fastest rate automatically, once more power is available.
- Keeps your car charging without disrupting your home.
- Makes it possible to install a 7kW charging point on almost any electrical supply.
- Lets you run all your home appliances as desired (including extra home charging stations for other vehicles).
Learn more about the Solo 3.
Our Charge Scheduling feature lets you charge overnight on off-peak rates.*
- Unlock the full benefits of EV ownership and drive from 2p per mile** with Pod Point’s smart home charger and EDF’s Pod Point EV Exclusive tariff.
- Take advantage of dual-rate electricity tariffs and save on costs by automatically scheduling your EV to charge during off-peak hours.
*Applies to Wi-Fi enabled Solo chargers, typically installed after 2018. Requires a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.
**See EDF claims page for more information.
Learn more about Charge Scheduling.
When connected to Wi-Fi, the Solo 3 gets automatic software updates over-the-air.
- Unlock new features for your chargepoint in the future without changing the physical charger.
- Enable remote customer service and diagnostics from our team.
- Get the latest software version for optimal performance.
Learn what else the Solo 3 can do.
Compliant with all the latest Smart Charge Regulations.
At Pod Point we are with you all the way
- Expert pre-installation guidance on which charger is right for you and where it should be installed.
- Friendly and professional installation in as little as 2 hours.
- Excellent UK-based customer support should you ever need them.
Drive for less than 2.5p per mile.
- Benefit from fixed prices for one year for total peace of mind.
- We're giving new Solo 3 customers exclusive access to this EV tariff supplied by EDF, the largest generator of zero carbon electricity in the UK.
- Schedule a charge for when it's cheapest - get 5 hours overnight at just 8.49p per kWh when you sign up to use EDF for your energy.
Are you eligible for the OZEV EV chargepoint grant?
The OZEV EV chargepoint grant reduces the cost of a home charger and its installation by £350.
- Live in a rented property or own a flat.
- Have dedicated off-street parking.
- Own, lease or have an eligible vehicle on order.
- Not already have claimed a chargepoint grant.
Find out more about the grant and how to claim it.
4.62/5 star rating from 39444 reviews. Check them out at reviews.co.uk
The fitter was really good, explained the process and how to use the charger and provide a demonstration. The weather was terrible during the time he was fitting the Pod Point, but just took it in his stride.
1 day ago on reviews.co.uk
Very easy and efficient service. Good communication throughout and arrived on time as stated. Friendly, professional staff arrived who was very knowledgeable and explained everything I needed to know. Nothing was too much trouble and very happy with the service we received. Good after care!
2 days ago on reviews.co.uk
Excellent company I’ve called a few times with questions and queries , all answered efficiently. Installation clean a fast Can not fault any part
2 days ago on reviews.co.uk
90% of our customers are eligible for standard installation.
What does this include?
If you don't meet the criteria we can usually still carry out the home installation but an additional cost may be incurred.
Once your order is placed, we'll be in touch to better understand your requirements and produce a no-obligation quote for the additional works. If you decide not to proceed, a full refund will be provided.
Installation of your Solo 3
Your home installation is included with your Solo 3 if it meets our standard install criteria.
Our team of Pod Point Experts go the extra mile to provide an excellent experience.
Your Pod Point Expert
Pod Point Experts are City and Guilds accredited electricians with thousands of hours of experience installing electric vehicle chargepoints.
Your Pod Point Expert will confirm their arrival time with you in advance of the installation.
Your Expert will find the best position for your charger based on your power supply and how you park your car.
Standard installation package
Your install is included in the price of the home charger if it meets our standard install criteria. If it doesn't, we'll provide a no-obligation quote or a full refund if you're not happy to proceed.
Next, the charger is fixed to the wall, a cable is run from the unit to the mains power supply, and it will be activated for use.
Your Expert will then connect the charger to the Wi-Fi and pair it with the Pod Point App.
Your Expert will give you a full demonstration of your charger, what the different lights mean and how to get in touch if you have any questions.
Finally, you will be shown how to find and use public chargepoints in your area.
Top 5 FAQs
Should I choose a Universal or Tethered charger?
It depends on your preference:
- Convenience - Tethered chargers have a cable already attached which will either be Type 1 or Type 2.
- Flexibility - While you need to plug the cable into a universal charger, you can use both Type 1 and Type 2 cables.
Cable length - A tethered charger’s cable will be either 4.8m (Type 1) or 7.5m (Type 2) in length, whereas a universal charging cable can be up to 10m for either connector type.
Cost - Tethered chargers cost more upfront because they include the charging cable, whereas you can buy a universal charger without a cable.
Can I connect my Solo to a 3-pin plug socket?
It can’t be connected to a 3-pin plug socket; the Solo 3 needs to be connected to the main electrical supply.
What happens if my installation is non-standard?
Non-standard charger installations may incur an additional cost. Once your order is placed, we'll be in touch to better understand your requirements and produce a no-obligation quote for any additional works. If you decide not to proceed, you’ll receive a full refund.
What information or data is collected by my Solo 3 and stored by Pod Point? Who has access to this data?
Your household energy usage data is only used for hardware and technical support.
If you choose to pair the Solo 3 with the Pod Point App (using your PSL number) this data is then displayed to the logged-in Pod Point-account holder via their smart device using the Pod Point App.
- Our Network Assurance team uses this data for support and diagnostic purposes.
- Our Data team assesses and manages this data for analysis.
- Our Software team maintains the software which stores this data.
Do Pod Point offer site surveys?
We provide a remote survey in advance of your install. Our Pod Point Expert will then conduct a site survey when they arrive on the day of your install.
1 The 5 year extended warranty applies only to domestic Solo 3 chargepoints purchased at full RRP price directly through Pod Point via our website (excluding referrals through any external third parties).
Pod Point Limited acts as a credit broker not a lender and can only introduce you to Klarna Bank AB (publ.). Finance is only available to permanent UK residents aged 18+, subject to status. Ts & Cs apply klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions.
We offer regulated and unregulated Credit agreements through Klarna. Please note that the 'Pay later in 30 days', ‘Pay Now’ and ‘Pay in 3’ agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Please use these products responsibly and ensure you can make repayments on time. Finance is subject to status. T&Cs and eligibility apply. Failure to make repayments on time may negatively impact your ability to use Klarna's products in future.
Pod Point Limited is an appointed representative of Product Partnerships Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 626349).
What Car? Best Home Charger 2023 Winner
Voted What Car? Best Home Charger 2023, based on a survey from over 4,000 drivers.